Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beer Will Cure Everything that Ails You

Drinking alcohol, including beer, in moderation will help improve heart health according to the American Dietetic Association. Beer is also known to lessen the risk of kidney stones in men in addition to it lowering bad cholesterol, raising good cholesterol and reduce the risk for blood clotting. Also, if my memory serves me correctly, it is also good for strength. Perhaps there was something to the Guiness posters touting the health benefits of its beer.

I don't know much about the benefits of beer, but I'll say that well crafted beers have more health benefits than corn adjunct microbrews. My evidence? None, but what the hell, I'll believe it anyway. However, there is evidence that beer has no fat, some protein and some fiber. So, maybe that rich stout or wheat is doing some good. Now we just need a way to get this written off as a health benefit at the insurance companies. Maybe I can wrangle up a Beer After Work Health Team at work.

Remember, drink a pint, for health!

No comments:

Post a Comment