Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

I'm not a big one for spending time tracking down special releases (e.g., Dark Lord Day). I think that the best beer is one that is available and consistent. Hunting down a beer to squirrel away isn't my thing, most of the time. However, there are times when a special beer is released that I salivate over. This time, it is Goose Island's Rare Bourbon County Stout. It's aged for two years in 23-year-old Pappy Van Winkle whiskey casks. Normally, these beers can be hit or miss, but I have great faith in this. At $45 a bottle, I'm probably not going to be getting my hands on it any time soon, and because it is only a limited run, many others will be wanting. If you're lucky enough, I'd get one to drink during winter this year and then lay the other one down to let it mellow for 2011. Lucky bastards.

Read about it on Chicagoist.

No comments:

Post a Comment