Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Half Acre: The Beer & The Good Time

Some news from our friends at Half Acre. A new beer is going to be release Friday, November 11. It'll be a "monster" brown beer called Thunder & Son. I've seen this at Half Acre's website. I'd suggest getting there Friday or Saturday. I have a feeling there won't be much of this around for long.

Half Acre doesn't look like it's going to stop with the fall releases. Next week they should be releasing S.S. Simon Short. This is billed as an "earthy" porter. Nothing beats nice, earthy dark beers in the weeks leading up to the dark winter. My fingers are crossed that one day we might get a nice barley wine. Sitting around the fire, in my library swirling a snifter of barley wine from Half Acre. Well, the fire would be a radiator and the library is a shelf of old books, but the beer will really tie the room together.

There's also some mysterious event taking place on December 18. I'm not sure of the details, but it says to keep the date open. If Half Acre beer is involved, I'll keep my whole month open.

Two long days until I can get my hands on some Thunder & Son. I might have to run out for a Daisy Cutter to tide me over.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment