Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pastoral Midwestern Dream

This is what I want for Christmas. I'm notoriously difficult to buy for as my tastes generally just run to literature, music and craft beer. Because the latest Audubon guide at auction sold for more than anyone I know can afford and there's only so many jazz and blues records I can fit into my apartment, this is a nice little enjoyment. This momentary experience of delicacy is transient and worth the money. I'd rather support local producers of cheese and beer than get another piece of electronic that sits on a shelf unused after a couple of months.

Called the Midwestern Beer Lover, this gift set includes Goose Island's Sofia, orange marmalade and crackers from Wisconsin and goat cheese from Indiana. Even though gifts at Christmas tend to be individual, this is something that you can get and share with other people. I like that concept: receiving a gift that you can share with others. The cost is about $70.

I've only been to the Pastoral stand at the French Market downtown. I've enjoyed their offerings. You can order this directly from Pastoral's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment