Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rainbow Cats at Half Acre


OK, sadly I didn't get my hands on any of Goose Island's rare stout. At $45, it was a bit steep for me right now, and I couldn't find anyone to go in on it with me. However, I heard it sold out pretty fast and it was worth the wait.

Well, at least I have a new Half Acre event to look forward to. On December 18 from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Half Acre is hosting its On Photon event. It is billed as a winter celebration of beer and food. There will be special releases from other brewers, Half Acre's Big Hugs imperial stout and a Double Daisy Cutter, which will debut at the event. The cost is $40, but the quality of beer and what I'm sure will be a celebratory atmosphere will more than cover the cost. Nothing chases away the long-night blues like drinking great quantities of amazing beer. Tickets go on sale Dec. 3.

Also, Half Acre is releasing a new beer! This will be (I think) the new Big Hugs imperial stout. The weather has been cold, so get a growler and warm up with this. Seriously. It releases Friday. Get there early and stock up, but only after I get mine.

Read more at Half Acre's blog.

Prost!

No comments:

Post a Comment