Friday, January 14, 2011

Triple Threat: Burger, Bacon and Beer

Sometimes, not too often, I love a good burger. I rarely eat meat. It's sort of like that line in Pulp Fiction: My wife is a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian, but I do love a good burger. What I love more than a good burger is a good beer with a good burger. If you like carnivore indulgences with fine craft beer, get down to Sola on Lincoln Avenue in Northcenter for its Burger, Bacon and Beer Thursdays.

I don't have a picture, but yeah, the burger looks good. It's Kobe beef, huge, cheese, back, pretzel roll. I saw this yesterday at work, and I've been thinking about it ever since. The best is that Sola pairs this with a regional craft beer, the last from Two Brothers. The dessert also features bacon. Even though I'm not sure why this bacon fad is still going strong, I'm willing to roll with it for the sake of research, harmony and science.

I can't wait to get down there and check it out. The only question is how do I get out of the house to eat a massive red meat grease-dripping burger with some beers without the wife catching wind of my hedonistic deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment